I eat a lot. Like a lot. If you’ve ever watched my snap chat or instagram stories it will ALWAYS consist of some sort of food. Whether my bf cooked it or I’m out eating my face off. I live for the next meal haha. If you’re wondering what I’ve had for the past few months you can check my instagram highlighted ‘SNACKS’ story!
I thought I would put together a list of restaurants and things I like from each restaurant for you guys. I travel so much and eat so much so I want to start a City + Food series. It won’t be a billion blog posts but something simple enough that if you’re heading to
eg. Hong Kong or Barcelona you can click on my personal list.
Everything that I have listed below are just my opinions and a lot of places I’ve eaten at might not be on the list cuz I didn’t want to list out every damn restaurant in Vancouver LOL. If you want to know about a particular restaurant in Vancouver feel free to message me and I’ll let you know whatsup!
My go-to restaurants for the past 2/3 months in Metro Vancouver:
– I love the chocolate marshmallow pizza’s but they have horrible service lol
– Looked like 720 Sweets. There was tons of cotton candy.. which I am not a big fan of.
– too $$ for my liking and very heavy.
– Best cappuccino I have ever had.
Olive + Ruby
– They need a bigger space so I don’t have to race to get to those swinging chairs!
– Their avo toast is so good!
– Avo toast is good! Tons of room during the day to do work.
– Small. Their mini cakes tasted really yummy
– Super nice for photos and they have really good Mochas/Hot Chocolates!
Matchstick – Main st. location is great for late studying
Tried and loved:
– You know the usual faves – Luk luk rice, butter beef x2, small order of wings, fish and pineapple soup, + oyster pancake.
– Spot prawns, chicken liver, pho with a poached egg, foie, braised short ribs, … dude I could go on this place is the best!!
– Beef Tartar, Foie, Steaks. DNG: Mac & Cheese Waffles. As good as they sound, they’re horrible.
Blacktail – no longer exists but they had the BEST foie waffles.
– Truffle pasta, all their mains are cooked to perfection.
– Oyster rockefeller, duck, chorizo pasta.
– tonkatsu, all their noodle soup dishes.
Banh Mi Tres Bon
– Beef pho with the bone marrow, tapioca dumplings, jambon banh mi.
– E.hastings & Nanaimo – Tuna taco.
– Ocotopus tempura, snapper tempura, ALL nigiri. Closed on Sundays.
Ask for Luigi
– Really yummy pastas! While you’re waiting for a table, walk to Belgard Kitchen and grab a drink first then head back when they text you!
– All drinks are good and the music is always on point!
Tried and disliked:
– Willing to give it another try but I ordered the fish there and the sauce was lacking and I ordered a tuna dish thinking it was going to be RAW and it came cooked.. so I felt like I was eating baby food.
– Nothing on their menu ever wow’s me.
– I got the XLB there, they steamed in onto a metal spoon so when I tried to eat it, it got stuck to the spoon and was dry inside. Food was meh, I rather go to Phnom Penh.
– I like snowy village better because its actual icy milk.
– I like Churches better. Their corn was good but I think they’re trying to replicate the corn from La Carnita’s from Toronto but didn’t quite Ace it.
Q Shi Q
– Rather pay to go to Zakkushi or Guu
– Yummy beer, food meh. (I only come here when I’m waiting for a table at ‘Ask for Luigi’s’)
Juniper – Nothing special.. I mean if I was craving a gin drink then yeah.
Want to try:
Fable Farmer’s Apprentice
Mak N Ming
If you’ve tried any of the restaurants that I “want to try” pleaseee leave a comment below of your opinion on that restaurant! Let me know what are your favourite restaurants in Vancouver!